Liberon Decking Oil (5 litres)
BUY 4 = FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
*Mainland Uk only, excluding the following post codes :
AB31 - AB56 BT FK19 - FK21 HS IM IV1 - IV49 KA27 - KA28 KW1 - KW17 PA20 - PA71 PH1 - PH50 ZE PO38 - PO41
Liberon Decking Oil is ideal for feeding, protecting and enhancing the natural beauty of most types of timber decking. Liberon Decking Oil is perfect for reviving and restoring colour to old or new decking and is suitable for use on fences, garden sheds, gates and hot tubs etc. Containing UV filters it helps reduce discolouration and fading from the sun, whilst maintaining the finish.
If your decking is very grey and has lost all its colour, Liberon Decking Oil in Teak or Medium Oak will put the colour back into the timber. Teak Decking Oil can be a little orange if used on new timber, in this case use the Clear or Medium Oak Decking Oil for full treatment and protection.
Liberon Decking Oil is only available in the new sprayable version. This new formula can also be applied by brush. The colours are the same as the old version.
- Liberon Decking Oil will protect most types of timber decking
- Contains UV filters to prevent fading
- Revives weathered and greying decking
- Enhances the natural beauty of the timber
- Suitable for use on fences, sheds and hot tubs
- Usage : Exterior
- Liberon Decking Oil is available in Clear, Medium Oak or Teak shades.
Decking Oil is not suitable for some foreign hardwoods such as iroko, balau, ipe and sapele which are naturally very oily. We advise for hardwoods be allowed to weather for 12 months.
New hardwood decking is best left untreated for up to 12 months. This gives time for the grain to open. If the timber is treated straight away the grain has not had time to open and therefore will not absorb oils or sealers and will just sit on the surface and go sticky. After a season untreated it is wise to test some oil on an inconspicious area of decking to see the results. If the timber absorbs the oil then it is fine to continue applying to the whole decking area.
Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from previous finishes and dust. Lightly sand new wood and clean old wood with Liberon Decking Cleaner.
Stir well before use. Apply a generous coat of Liberon Decking Oil with a paint brush or roller. Allow to penetrate for 15 to 30 minutes then apply the second coat without waiting for the first to dry. Continue to apply more coats of Decking Oil until the timber no longer absorbs the oil. Wipe any excess with a lint-free cotton cloth and allow to dry for 24 to 48 hours before using the decking.
For general maintenance clean with Liberon Decking Cleaner. We recommend applying 1 or 2 coats of Liberon Decking Oil once a year as routine maintenance. On high traffic areas re-apply 1 or 2 coats of Decking Oil as and when required.
Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an approximate indication of the final colour, although the final colour may be darker depending on the timber . Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
· Wear suitable clothing and protective gloves when using the Decking Oil.
· Store Liberon Decking Oil at a temperature above 5°C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate.
· Oily cloths can self-combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.
· May not be suitable for some foreign hardwoods.
· On exterior oak furniture we recommend the use of Liberon Pure Tung Oil.
- 5 litres : £24.95 each (+ VAT)
- Free delivery on 4 or more x 5 litres
- Colours may be combined if required
- Prices are exclusive of VAT